Nostalgia

Content Notes: Pre-show.


Nobody in the Keay family has ever resembled Albrecht von Closen and the young Gerard Keay is no exception. Yet as Elias watches Mr. Keay try on suits in the clothing shop, he can't help but be reminded of his dear, long-departed friend. Maybe it's the youth's quiet dignity. Whatever it is, it's enough to leave Elias with a sense of nostalgia. Makes him long for the old times.

"Well?" Mr. Keay asks, breaking through Elias's thoughts. "What about this?"

Mr. Keay obviously isn't used to wearing a suit, but this one fits him quite well, outlining the lean lines of his body. The suit is black in color, suitable for a funeral, which Elias supposes is Mr. Keay's style; he thinks he would like to see Mr. Keay in some color, maybe some dark blues, maybe even a deep shade of emerald. But Elias is here only to provide the funds, not his personal opinions.

"You look good, Mr. Keay," he says, stating a fact. "You and Gertrude will fit right in at Mr. Fairchild's party."

Mr. Keay scoffs. "Not something I would usually take as a complinent," he comments. He is standing in front of the mirror, frowning as he looks at himself. He swipes a hand over his hair. "This is all right, isn't it? I won't cut it."

"Simon won't mind." Elias stands up from the chair he has been sitting on, walking over to Mr. Keay. He reaches out and gathers Mr. Keay's hair into his hands, pulling the long strands behind Mr. Keay's head.

"He will, however, prefer to see your lovely face." Elias leans close, whispering his next words right into Mr. Keay's ear: "You can do a ponytail, can't you?"

He doesn't need to do this, be this close to Mr. Keay. He wants to be.

"Yes." By not moving away, Mr. Keay makes it clear he doesn't mind.

Back to Fic
Back to Fanstuff
Back to Index